Sunday, September 7, 2008

We want to pump *clap* you up...

***Okay, due to popular demand of numerous people apparently reading this blog. I shall start back putting my blogs over here.***

Happy Sunday everyone! How are you doing? Minus the fact that I want to cut off my ear, I'm doing pretty good. A few weeks ago as most of you know, I had come down with a cold. I'll be honest in saying, it wasn't that bad of a cold. My immune system is just bad and I usually get really sick, but this past time wasn't so bad. So, on this past Monday, I started having ear problems. It started out that if I sneezed or yawned, my right ear would pop. It would stay popped for a few hours and eventually go away. Come this past Wednesday, my ear would stay popped all day long and even became very painful. No matter what I did, I could not get it to unpop. And on Friday, I was wincing and crying in pain at work. Holding my ear, rocking back and forth praying it would go away. I can't ever recall having ear infections and ear pain is HORRIBLE! I called the nurseline with my health insurance and she said it sounded like I had an ear infection and needed to get to the doctor. Well, I don't have an ear infection...it's worse. In your ear is a tube and there is a membrane attached to that tube. Well that membrane has been separated from the tube due to me blowing my nose so hard when I was sick. Yes...that can actually happen. So, the doctor put me on steroids, yes, I'm officially on steroids, a week's supply.


When people hear that someone is on steroids, they automatically assume you're trying to make yourself bigger, pumping yourself up. Hence, the title of my blog today. If you're an old school Saturday Night Live fan, you know what I'm talking about. But steroids are used for other things, like inflammations. They are messing me up, I'm not sleeping very well. Gah, I hate tossing and turning all night and my ear pain is still there. Anyways, okay, I love music. I love to listen to it, I love to dance to it, I love to sing to it...I just love music. And I like loud music, I'm still somewhat young and enjoy listening to music turned up a little louder. At my church, we have an alternate service called Third Format. The music is a lot hipper and lot louder. I love it! However last night, I felt I had reached my old lady period, because the music was actually too loud and began to bother my ears. I know it's because my ears have something wrong with them, but I was upset I couldn't even enjoy the music because of my ear. I hope this goes away soon, I'm about to lose my mind!


Anyways, roomie and I have been talking a lot lately about moving. It has been decided that we are parting ways when our lease is up, but maybe sooner. Nothing bad has happened, we both are sick of Arizona and wanting to move somewhere else. She said she thought our lease can be broken if she gets transferred to another state. I will stay here for awhile (probably another year) so I can figure out my schooling, but maybe move sooner. But she is talking about moving back to Massachusetts or to Colorado. She is leaning towards moving back home to Cape Cod. I'm honestly sick of living in Arizona. I think about moving back to Indiana to be near my oldest friend. She has a two year old I have never even met. I do have family back in Indiana, but none that I'm close to. I thought about California, to be close to Rosie and the baby, but decided against that for personal reasons. J constantly talks about me moving to Oregon, and I would be close to him/his family (my family, now) and close to my other niece, Sarah. She would love that. With school, if I decide to move, I would need to find a school where my classes could transfer. It's a lot to think about and it's a tad overwhelming...moving to another state, school, job, living arrangement, etc. I don't know what I want. Sometimes I think I should just put all 50 states in a hat, mix them up, and pull one out, move there and start my life again. I so hate moving. I hate it.


Oh decisions...decisions.


Haha...here's some old school SNL for you, when it was good!





Quote of the day: "Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain." ~Unknown 

No comments: