Saturday, July 12, 2008

Here comes the rain

Okay, okay, now I may complain about how hot it is in Arizona, but one thing I absolutely LOVE about Arizona is our monsoon season. Last night as I was making dinner, the music cut off and the Emergency Broadcast System came on indicating that our county was under a severe thunderstorm watch. I glanced out the kitchen window and the sky to the east was pitch black and to the west I saw a dust "wall". No seriously, we get those here. Take a look...






 


About 10 minutes later, it hit the area where I was. The dust was blowing really badly and then heaven opened up and released the rain. And it rained, and rained. Not just a drizzle. It rained so hard and so much that a good portion of the streets in Mesa are flooded. Ah, I LOVE the rain. Not only does the rain cleanse everything, it dropped our temperature about 30 degrees in a matter of minutes. We went from 105 to about 70 in no time flat. That is nice, real nice.


Anyways, hmm...what's new in my world? I'm pretty boring person. I have one more house-sitting job after I get done with this one, then I'm done for the summer and I can sleep in my own bed. Oh I simply can not wait. I've already been booked for next summer. I accepted the job, but not sure if I am even going to be here next summer. Since my house-sitting jobs are almost done for the summer, the first weekend in August, I am heading out to Cali and J is possibly coming with me. I can't wait to see my niece and the baby.


School starts in about a month, oh joy. I looked up my needed books for my one class, $200 will be needed. Why is school so expensive? One class is costing about $600 for the semester. It's annoying. I seriously think about quitting, but all the money I have in student loans, I need some sort of degree in something. I did stop getting student loans and I am paying for the class and the books out of my wittle, bitty pocket. Let's see one of my goals this year was to get financially stable, and although I'm not 100% there, I'm in a way better position than I was in January. My little bit of credit card debt is almost paid off, and it feels good. Credit cards are not my friend, but I guess it would help to have one for emergencies. I’ve done without one for a few years now, but it would help to have one. Maybe eventually. I just wish I was financially stable, not constantly living paycheck to paycheck. It seems like I have always done that. And I hate it, I know it’s nobody’s fault but my own, but I just wish I could get a break. I really wanted to get Yankees tickets when they play in California this year, but I can’t find any cheap tickets and can’t afford to get the crazy expensive tickets. I need to find someone who has an “in”. Or maybe I just need to find me a sugar-daddy to take care of me. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.


I’m teaching in Children’s Ministry this weekend, I’ve been out of the teaching aspect for so long, I’m actually a tad nervous about teaching. And it’s for the preschoolers, so their attention span is not very big. Good thing it’s a short lesson. Next week is Vacation Bible School at church. I look forward to that every year. I was in the 4 years olds class, but got moved into a supervisor position; I did that last year, so it should be cool. Besides I’m still supervising the Preschoolers, and they are so fun, especially for VBS. Although I’m back at Central, back into the full swing of things with serving, I still feel as though something is missing and I’m not quite sure what it is…I just feel like I need to be doing more. I am missing mission trips; I hope to go on one next summer.


Anyways, I should go and start work. Have a great day and a fantastic weekend.


Quote of the day: “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Harold Whitman

No comments: