Sunday, June 1, 2008

Looking up

Man, this has just been a hard week, a crazy week...a bad week. On my last post, one of my friends had lost their baby. That was just the start of the week. They really have been on my heart this week. I don't know what to do, how to help them. My heart is aching for them, so bad.


Anytime my phone rings and it's a family member, if it's before 8 a.m., you can guarantee that it's bad news. Only because my family does not call me early. On Friday, my phone rang at 6 a.m. It was one aunt, calling to tell me another aunt had passed away. It was unexpected, she died in her sleep. I hadn't talked to this aunt in awhile, it was still upsetting. I began the process of getting a hold of my father. When he finally answered, it broke my heart to hear him upset when I told him. I won't be able to attend the funeral, it's too crazy expensive to even take a Greyhound Bus right now.


Okay, so two bad things....then I get a phone call from a coworker of mine. The results of her mammogram has come back showing something....a tumor. Possibly cancer. Seriously? I honestly didn't think I could handle anymore. I told Jason I was so ready to the week to be OVER. And I'm not usually like that.


I called Becky, and although we didn't have plans last night, she came over to visit. She said it just sounded like I needed a friend. You would think she would be sick of me after spending 4 full days with me last weekend. Nope. Oh man, see? That is why she's one of the "in" people. I wasn't expecting her to come over, but she did. She saw a need and met it. Granted none of these things that happened this week happened to me, but everything had affected my mood this week, causing me to be down.


Today, as I opened my eyes to watch the sunrise, I was reminded of the fact that Saturday was a new day, a fresh day, a day that God promises to be faithful, no matter what happens. I was also encouraged today by the fact that I have such awesome friends. Becky, Kristine, and Jason encouraged me and ultimately cheered me up. *Sniff, sniff* I love you three very much. You all have a piece of my heart. My life is completely enriched by your friendship. And again tonight, I was encouraged by the love of God when I watched Adam and Valerie get married.


Sweet diggity dog, God is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.


Have a great day!


"A friend is the only person you will let into the house


when you are turning out drawers." ~Pam Brown

No comments: