Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shh...

Happy Sunday everyone! How are you doing? I'm pretty fantastic here. I'm typing this from my niece's house in California. The house is quiet and the only sound I hear is my fingers typing. Everyone is still asleep. I am always the one to get up before everyone, no matter where I am. I've always been like that. I enjoy it, it gives me time to think about things, my day, and plus I can use all the hot water that I want.


Being here this weekend with my niece and her family makes me miss them. I am really close to my niece and seeing her this weekend, makes me just want to pack up everything I own and move out here to be closer to them. Paige has grown so much since I've seen her in January. She's talking a little saying mama and dada. Her favorite thing to do is to say "Ah", all the time. I think she likes to hear her voice. She's sitting on her own, occasionally falling over. And although she's not crawling yet, she will be soon. She's doing the whole rocking thing right now. She's absolutely hysterical and is constantly making us laugh. Yesterday my niece brought her out to me so she could get more sleep. For about 40 minutes yesterday, Paige and I just played, just her and I. Those are the moments to be treasured most. And as everyone began to wake up in the house, I heard them all singing, humming, or whistling the Barney song I was singing to Paige during our play time.


This weekend has also made me realize how blessed I am to have Becky in my life. Not that I didn't know that before, but became more aware of it this weekend. When you look at my close friends, the ones who know me inside and out, Becky is one of them. When she left for college, we still kept our friendship going, kept it strong. It seems as though we've been friends forever, but in reality, it's only been about 3-4 years. We've gone through joys, sorrows, family crisis', deaths, sharing silly inside jokes/glances, and stupid boys breaking our hearts; deepening our friendship through the entire way. And even now, our friendship was deepened this weekend and she got to watch me interact with my family.


Looking at the redness on my face, it would indicate that I got a little sunburn yesterday while at Newport Beach. All day Friday from Arizona to California, it rained. The sky looked really dark and I didn't think we would be having a sun filled day at the beach. My little cousin, Dominique, said she would pray for good weather so we could enjoy our time at the beach. God decided to show favor on us and we had a BEAUTIFUL day. It was about 75, sunny, and a little windy. I could sit at the ocean all day long, listening as the waves crashing in, basking in the warmth of his love. As Becky, Dominique and I sat upon the rocks, I began to think about my life. I always do that when I'm in awe of God's creation. I began to think how far I've come. I came from not knowing God at all to someone who wants to be a missionary in a third world country. I came from not willing to die for anyone because I was selfish to willing to die for Christ no matter what the cost. It's simply amazing to me and I know God's hand has shaped it all.


I shall have pictures for you when I get back to AZ.


Have a great day, basking in his love,


Bran


"If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops, oh what a rain that would be..." Part of the Barney song I was singing to Paige.

No comments: