Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Friday

Well, well, Happy Friday everyone! How are you doing? I'm pretty fantastic actually. No particular reason, any day I'm breathing and serving Jesus is a fine and dandy day for me! Okay, so an update on just life in general, in my favorite way (Kaysie's too) of posting...BULLET POINTS!



  • School gets out in about a week. Oh boy, is there any way I can explain to you how excited I am about this? I'm seriously excited. I took my last test in Spanish on Wednesday. The only thing I have left if is my oral and written final. I'm working on my oral presentation this weekend. I have to present it on Wednesday. I was thinking about taking a summer class just to get my last Math credit out of the way, but I'm thinking that might be a bad idea. I'm not good at Math, so an acclerated summer class might make me have a nervous breakdown. Rumor has it that my Spanish final is going to be 14 pages . Seriously, my professor is a crazy woman, sometimes we call her a Natzi. But Math will be simple, it's just a test on the last chapter we've gone over. Hooray.
  • In case you haven't been watching the television, or you're living under a rock, baseball season has started. And the Yankees are doing good so far. I have yet to see a game, I'm kinda of a busy woman, but I get the score updates. I'm working on getting tickets for a Yankees game in California in September. I mean if I'm going to be a fan, I should at least rock my hat at a game, right? Basketball playoffs are also going on right now. I haven't really been following it, but I can tell you I've watched the Spurs beat the Suns twice and have enjoyed it. Jason and his family has so turned me "Anti-Suns". Oy vei.
  • Recently, I've been to the doctor and although I'm not posting my current weight on here, it's apparent that I need to lose some weight, so says the doctor. Well, duh.. you think? *Stands up* In case you haven't noticed, *Points to self, turns around* I'm a thick chick...you know a gal with some serious meat on her bones. LOL. But all joking aside, I do need to lose some serious weight. I don't want to die at a young age. I am meeting Monday with a nutritionist to help me with this whole weight loss thing. The doctor said it's something that needs to be done slowly. And for encouragement, I went to Urgent Care in March and from that time to today, I've lost 6 pounds. Yeah, just got to keep it going. Doctor says to stay away from carbs or do a low carb diet. She's advising me to have surgery, the lap band surgery. Yeah, I'm not ready for that and I know most of you don't know me, but for someone my weight, I'm pretty active. You know, like walking up three flights of stairs and barely getting winded, those kind of things. I would like to try to lose it naturally first. But I need you, especially the people who actually know me, to help me through this. It's not an easy process, but encouragement is always good. :)
  • Road trip to California, the weekend after Mother's Day. I'm so going and I'm going to recruit Kaysie(although she hasn't been informed of this yet) to see if she wants to come. My niece will have moved and I'm going to help unpack and also get some serious family time and of course...KISS on some Paigey toes.
  • That's it for now....I could write more, but I'm so longwinded. And for everyone who gave me encouragement on my last blog (The Flame), you guys are the BEST!!!

Love you!


B to the Squared. :)


Quote of the day: "Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better." Emile Coue (Oh this quote so applies to me right now, in many different areas....you might know what I'm talking about).


"If we fall, we don't need self-recrimination or blame or anger - we need a reawakening of our intention and a willingness to recommit, to be whole-hearted once again." Sharon Salzberg

No comments: