Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Imagine

Happy Wednesday everyone! Yesterday as I was stopped at a light, I saw a man standing on a street corner holding a big sign. The only thing the sign said was "Imagine". My first thought was imagine what? Then my brain started going to the lyrics from John Lennon's song, "Imagine". Many of those lyrics still apply to today's society. I wondered why he was standing there, what his sign meant, what message did he want us to know. I'm sure it had something to do with the primaries going on, but I don't really know. I thought about that sign for the rest of the night, my brain just wouldn't seem to shut off. I began to imagine what it would be like if I hadn't found God, it was quite hard. There was a huge part of my life where God was not there, at least I didn't think so. But looking back, he was, I just had no clue as to who he was. But then also imagined other things, if my grandparents were still alive, if I had never took that step to contact my mother, if I didn't have the people in my life that I have now. It's funny how one word on a sign tied up my brain last night!

Okay, I'm going to touch on an issue that can be quite controversial. Not really, but sometimes. My 31st birthday is coming up. Last year I had a big party to celebrate the big 3-0. But this year, I had decided that I was going to get a tattoo on my wrist. I've wanted one for a long time, but could never go through with it. See, I really want one. And I'm in a situation where I have the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. The angel is saying, "Brandy: Leviticus 19, Leviticus 19." The devil is going, "Just do it, God won't care." The one I want to get just says, "I am HIS" with scripture under it, so it's honoring to God. After much prayer, I've decided not to do it. What really made up my mind is my little sister who admits to not walking with God for a long time, told me it was not Biblically correct. Now, if you are a Christian, and you have a tattoo, I'm not here to judge you or talk bad about you. And I'm definitely not telling you that Satan is talking to you. That's just not my style, but for me, I felt that God was telling not to do it. So, there you have it. No tattoo for me. Instead for my birthday, me and the closest people in my life are just going to have some dinner at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant.

Anyways, school is starting on Monday. I'm kinda excited to get back into the whole school thing again, but I am scared as well. I'm such a perfectionist, I want to excel at school, but that doesn't always happen. I took on an extra class this semester, putting me at 10 credit hours, 2 credit hours from being full time. I should of just taken on another class, but I can't. The classes I need to take are difficult ones and I wouldn't of been able to focus on them. I'm going into my 4th semester of Spanish, I feel like I should be fluent by now. I am still learning though. When my coworkers speak Spanish to me, I feel as though I don't understand anything. They tell me that I understand a lot more than I think. Someone said I was crazy for taking on so much and there went my social life. My social life gone? Not really. As busy as I get, I always make time for friends.

My goal for the fall semester is to get a scholarship, stop the student loans and start paying them down. It's 9 days into the new year and my resolution of getting the finances in order is still going. As of right now, all my bills are paid up: cable, Verizon, credit cards, insurance, car payment, and even $400 worth of school books purchased. Everything is current, which is such a nice feeling to have. It's rarely that everything is completely paid up and there is still money in the bank! I've gotten my credit report and I'm working on clearing up some things on there. I've just been stupid with my money and in the end, it has affected my credit score. That is nobody's fault but my own and now I'm paying for it literally. I'm in the process of trying to save to buy a new laptop, which I could do now. I'm waiting to see if mine can get fixed as I don't want to completely drain my small savings.

Anyways, have a fantastic day!

Love,

Bran

Quote of the day: "Waste your money and you're only out of money, but waste your time and you've lost part of your life." ~Michael Leboeuf

No comments: