Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Something still missing

Happy Monday everyone! How are you doing? I'm pretty much fantastic! Boy, I sparked some conversations with my last post about tattoos! Both online and in real life. It was quite interesting.


Ladies and gentleman drum roll please...I have an announcement. It has been over 10 years since I've had all brown hair. Yep, I no longer have any type of blonde in my hair, it's all brown. Highlights are crazy expensive. I can't even remember the last time I had all brown hair. I got it done on Friday, I love the color! I will have to post pics when my computer is running.


Anyways, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Yes, I know, hold on to your hats folks, me thinking is never a good thing! I have enjoyed going to Broadway, I really have. But I still felt like something was missing. I'm not sure what it is, but something is still not there. Yesterday, I was scheduled to attend their membership class, but had called them a few days ago and told them I wasn't able to make it. I just wasn't sure if that is what I wanted. J had told me he wanted to check out this church called Poiema. Yesterday, we decided to take the trip to Phoenix and check it out. Wow...the worship was awesome, the sermon was awesome. It was just awesome. It's a small church, there isn't even 100 people there. We definitely had "Visitor" stamped on our foreheads because of the small amount of people there. But, the people were really friendly and they made Jason and I feel welcome. We probably met like 7 different people yesterday, including the pastor. He came right up to us after service. It was a good day to go and visit them, they talked about persecution. Something that is near and dear to my heart. I left the service just feeling amazed by what I had just encountered. Good stuff, I tell you, good stuff. So, it appears that J and I are going to start attending that church. They only have one service, which is kinda nice. But then I started thinking, well if I serve there, what can I do? I'm sure God will find something for me to do.


It's time...know what it's time for? ROAD TRIP! Hooray! This coming weekend, I'm heading out to Cali to see the family, munch on some fish tacos, and let the sand from the beach cover my toes. I haven't seen the sun set on the beach in a long time, I'm determined to watch it this weekend. I'm dragging J with me to keep me company. We are only doing an overnight trip, and that's okay with me. I'll get my baby fill by visiting my niece and her baby. I mean seriously...who wouldn't want to see this ADORABLE face? I CANNOT wait to kiss on those baby cheeks of hers and her baby toes and her baby belly. *Giggle*




Anyways, I gotta go for now! Have a great day!


Bran


Quote of the day: "Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be." ~Grandma Moses

No comments: