Friday, December 14, 2007

Merry Christmas?

Hello everyone! How are you doing? I'm doing pretty fantastic actually! Yes, I know, way different than the last post, huh? I got out of my rut. It took a few days and a few hugs from friends, but I am doing much, much better! It's always amazing when God surrounds you around friends who just want to make you better. And plus, it was raining and cloudy for a few days, but now the sun is shining. Now, I do love rain, but this last rain with the mixture of my attitude was not a good mix. But I am great again.


I work for the state of Arizona's Medicaid program. The part of the program I work for deals with mostly the elderly and disabled population. Yesterday, I had to help out in my old stomping grounds, the Mesa office. The place I actually started working for Medicaid back in 2000. They had their annual Christmas dinner and me and another employee went to help answer their phones so everyone could go enjoy the party. An elderly couple came in yesterday and while the wife was filling out the application, the husband was talking to me. Boy, he was hysterical! He had all these one liners for everything. He was keeping me very entertained. While they were leaving, I said Merry Christmas to them. I didn't say Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings, I said Merry Christmas. The wife stopped in her tracks when I said that, walked back to the counter where I was and said, "Thank you for saying Merry Christmas." She said no one says that anymore, I simply replied, well I celebrate Christmas, the true meaning of Christmas. I just thought that was funny, no one has ever thanked me for saying that before.


So, I go in a bout of depression, guess what I do...I buy a new car! Lol, no I didn't buy it for that reason, but I just felt it was time to trade Miguel (my car) in. He had 52K miles on him. I got a purdy, 05' Toyota Camry with only 21K miles on it. It's gold with tinted windows. It does not have a name yet, I'm leaving it up to Jason to name it. I have no clue what to name it. I wanted to name my next car, Pablo, but this car definitely does not look like a Pablo! We shall see what name he comes up with. On the bad side of things, my computer died yesterday. I think it might be done with. J came over yesterday and looked at it, nothing. I have to take it to someone at my old church and see if they can fix it. Oy vei. Just what I wanted to deal with.


So, I briefly posted last blog about finding a new church home. Yep, I'm going to make Broadway Christian Church (www.bccmesa.com) my new home. Every time I've gone there, I've felt so welcome, so alive. I still might go look at other churches, but so desperately needed a "home" church. I've contacted Children's Ministry to start volunteering in January. I can't wait. They are going to Peru in May. This is their first mission trip they are doing. They have done youth trips, but are expanding to the adults. I so want to go to Peru! But part of me is really scared to go out of the country again due to what happened last time. But, on the upside, it will be fall in Peru when we go, I doubt the mosquitos will be around. But they do have Dengue going through that country. All is need is one bite from another mosquito to put my health in danger. But they do have other bugs, diseases I need to worry about. *Sigh* I am itching to go on another mission trip, but really need to pray about it. It will be a lot with school, work, and Tres Dias. I need to let them know by January 21st.


One last thing, please pray for my roomie, Lisa. We had hot wings last night. She had the hot ones, I had the medium ones. She's been up all night vomiting. I think she's got a bad case of food poisoning. I feel fine though.


Hey, Christmas is like 9 days away! Hooray! Have a great day!


Brandiesel (another new nickname)


Quote of the day: "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." ~Mahatma Gandhi

No comments: