Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Get off of the cell phone!

My gosh, I’ve been crazy busy with school! It’s been kicking my butt. But I have to keep plugging on.I was talking to my Spanish teacher a few days ago and we got on the subject of nursing. This is what he said, “Brandy do you know I am an advisor?” I said, “Yep. I remember you mentioning that.” His response, “Did you know I am a nursing advisor?” My eyes got huge! “Really?” I told him that I had picked out my classes for next semester and he said to wait. He wants to sit and meet with me to go over my pre-requisites. He said they are getting rid of some classes and wanted to sit and talk about everything to see what I needed. That would be great if I could bypass some classes! But, I have saved all the hard ones for last, so I probably will still have to take them. Oh well. We shall see.



I’ve decided to post today about cell phone etiquette. I’ll be the first to admit that I make sure I have my phone with me at all times, however I do remember living without one. Even though I take it with me everywhere I go, I try to practice “cell phone etiquette” if at all possible. Here are a few things that people should take note of:



  • Every weekend sitting in church, it NEVER ceases to fail…someone forgets to turn off their phone and it goes off. The perfect time seems to be during communion. I mean come on people! The world will not end if you turn your phone off for two hours. It doesn’t matter if you’re in church, a meeting, or the movies. Inevitably, somebody’s phone will ring. The person whose phone is ringing will look around in disgust because someone has left their phone on, and then clamor down in the seat when they realize they are the one who has left their phone on. I turn off my phone the second I step out of the car, that way I don’t forget.

  • Another thing, please do not answer your phone or proceed into the bathroom (especially a public bathroom) on the phone. I most certainly do not want to hear your conversation and I’m sure the person on the other end doesn’t want to hear your business. Bleah!

  • For me, it’s so rude when someone is dealing with the public (cashier, waitress, bank teller, etc.) and they are on the phone while that person is trying to help them. The person on the phone gets all angry and rude because they weren’t treated properly for some reason. Ummm…hello? It’s because you are on the phone and you’re not paying attention to the person in front of you.

These are just a few things that drive me crazy, but the list is endless. Remember, we used to be able to live without cell phones, I know it’s hard to remember, but we did. That is all I have for today.


Have a great day!

No comments: