Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Local Animal Shelter

Good morning everyone! How are you doing? I am good. Just tired, as usual. Man, going to school 4 nights a week is killing me! I know I brought this upon myself, but I just want to sleep. And that's the weird thing, I've been forcing myself to go to bed at 9, getting up at 5, that's 8 hours of sleep. I don't know what's going on.


Outside of our front door at my apartment must be a sign that my roomie and I can't see, but everyone else can. I imagine it's a big pink neon sign, blinking arrow pointing towards our door. I'm positive the sign says "Bring your hurt animals here" or "Local animal shelter". I love animals but Lisa loves them a lot more than I do. She loves animals, like I love kids. Ever since we moved here in April, we have had a few people (mostly one) come up to our door wanting us to help them with a hurt animal they've found. Let's see since April, we've had 3 hurt pigeons (one who wasn't brought by a human, but decided to take up residence on our front porch anyways), a found kitten (I don't think it was hurt), a hurt cat, and last night, a German Shepherd. Our doorbell rang at 8:30, I went to answer it, it was one of my neighbors, the dog, and another lady. The lady said she found the dog laying in the road and she assumed he had been hit by a car. The dog physically appeared fine, but I noticed his legs were shaking pretty bad. He was super friendly. We talked to her for awhile, she wanted us to take the dog until tomorrow. Umm...no, sorry. This is a big dog and can you imagine the cats? They would die, literally! She said we could put him out on one of our patios. My roomie and I didn't want the responsibility if he decided to jump over the patio. We are on the second floor and I didn't want to wake up to a dead dog on the sidewalk below our patio. So she took him home for the night, Humane Society will be picking up the dog today. So, I've concluded that sign is there, I'm positive of it. It's hidden to our eyes though.


Last week, I was informed that one of my former bosses husband had passed away. Although I've only met him a few short times, I was saddened for her. They had such an awesome marriage. Sure, they had their problems, but the kept God in the middle of their marriage and had been married for quite some time. He was in his early 60's. I attended the funeral yesterday at their church. Every person that came up talked about even though physically, his heart was weak, spiritually he had the strongest heart ever. He loved serving God, and spent a lot of time doing that. I smiled to myself as they said "If you ever want to see Charles again, this is what you need to do.." and he went into the story of Jesus and our salvation and the only way you're going to see him again is to accept Christ into your life. He prayed the salvation prayer, I heard some people saying the prayer along with the pastor. While they were praying, I prayed that these people would follow through on their prayer. I don't know if I ever heard the message of salvation at a funeral, but it's never too late. Sometimes death is the one thing that will bring them to Christ.


I am anxiously awaiting for the phone call saying that I'm a great aunt. I talked to my niece yesterday, she is three days past her due date, still pregnant, and VERY miserable. Poor thing. Yesterday, I knew by talking to her, she was done with being pregnant and wanted the baby in her arms. I do believe she is in labor, she said she is having contractions, but they are about 4 hours apart or so. She had a doctor's appointment yesterday, I don't know the results of the appointment. Hopefully they'll put her in the hospital and break her water or something to make that baby come out. I was going to go in October to see the baby, but alas between work and school and the fact that I'm desperately trying to fight off something, I probably won't go. I never take holiday leave off, never. I always work the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's. But this year, the first in a long time, I'm taking the day off after Thanksgiving. Nope, not to shop, I'm heading out to California to spend Thanksgiving with my niece, her husband, the baby, my cousin, and her daughter. I am thinking of leaving Wednesday after work, I don't think I have school that night.


Anyways, gotta go!


Have a great day!


Bran


Quote of the day: "Most pets display so many humanlike traits and emotions it's easy to forget they're not gifted with the English language and then get snubbed when we talk to them and they don't say anything back." ~Stephenie Geist

No comments: