Howdy everyone! How are you doing? I'm simply fantastic! Life is good and God is great! Everyone knows I love me some quotes. Here are some quotes that I decided to share:
- "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another." ~Charles Dickens
- "Love God and trust your feelings. Be loyal to them. Don't betray them." ~Robert C. Pollock
- "I myself do nothing. The Holy Spirit accomplishes all through me." ~William Blake
- "You are not here merely to make a living. You are here to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, and with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world. You impoverish yourself if you forget this errand." ~Woodrow Wilson
- "Every path may lead you to God, even the weird ones. Most of us are on a journey. We're looking for something, though we're not always sure what that is. The way is foggy much of the time. I suggest you slow down and follow some of the side roads that appear suddenly in the mist." ~Real Live Preacher
- "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." ~David Viscott
Sometimes, I just sit back and realize how blessed I am by people in my life. I'm so biased, but I have the greatest friends in the entire world. I know God has placed them in my life for a reason. I've had many friends who have come and go, but there has been a select few that, for some reason, has decided to stick around. These are my closest friends, who know all kinds of things about me. I constantly screw up, question my faith, hop on cloud 9 over some man, fall off that same cloud, complain about a good portion of my family members, let someone get the best of me when I should of know better, etc. When fall or fail, my friends are there to pick me up, steady me to make sure I'm balanced, and force me to walk again. I honestly don't trust a lot of people, don't take it personal. I've had many times when my trust has been broken and now my heart has become hardened to many people. And if for that one moment, I decide to trust you and the trust is broken, I turn my feelings "off" to that person. I will be your friend, but at a distance. I won't forget that instance where you broke my trust and I won't let you back in. The ones who have proved themselves faithful, these are the friends I know will grow old with me, these are the ones I invest the most time with. Recently I had to review some of my relationships and decided to let some go. I really don't have the want to invest a friendship with you if you don't want to do the same. That's all there is to it. People who I thought were a good friend, I'm now seeing that they're not. And recently, there are two people I never thought would be a close friend, are amazing me everyday by their friendship and love. You know who you are, I've recently expressed my gratitude to both of them.
So, that is all I have to report on today. Just some thoughts going on in my head.