Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Mixing state and religion

I had a coworker call me a little bit ago telling me that she has a really close friend was in a hospice home on the verge of death. She said the doctor's said on Saturday that he only had a couple more hours left to live. Here it is Tuesday, and he is still clinging to life. She just kept saying she doesn't understand why he won't let go. I started a speel about maybe there is maybe some peace he needs to speak with someone, or whatever. After I said all that, I simply asked if he was a Christian. She paused for a long time and said he didn't believe in God. I said well, then  his wife (who is a believer) needs to call a pastor. She said he was scared to die, could it be that he is afraid of the afterlife? I said it's very likely and how if you're not a believer, the afterlife can be a very scary thing. But when you believe in Christ, we are not scared of what happens after we leave our physical bodies. She hung up with me immediately and called his wife. After hanging up with her, I turned off my radio, shut my office door and prayed for that man to accept Christ into his heart. A little bit later she called me crying and said that the pastor was on his way over right now to the hospice home. His wife had said she hadn't thought of that, but was almost positive that was why he was holding on. The man is unable to speak, so we don't know. As of right now, I don't know the outcome of the pastor's visit. I gave her my cell phone number and told her to call me. She profusely apologized for taking up work time and hoped she wouldn't get in trouble. I simply told her this, "My job is very important to me. But, it's not as important as someone accepting Christ. That to me is high priority and I will put everything aside if it means another person will be in Heaven." I also told her that it's never too late to accept Christ, even if someone is on their deathbed. I went over some scripture in Romans with her to help her to understand about salvation. I am saddened by the fact that he didn't know Christ sooner, because life is so awesome with God in it, but God will still forgive him moments before he passes away. That is the amazing thing about the God we worship. So, once I get an update I will let everyone know. Please keep him in prayer, his name is Bill.


Whew! With all that aside, how are you doing? I'm doing fantastic! School starts soon and I'm very excited. I am such a geek, but it's all good. I'm just excited about getting back into the swing of things and I'm especially excited to be back in Spanish. I feel as though I lost some it this summer. I found out some information this past Sunday, but I can't quite share it right now. But it is something that has got me earnestly praying about the direction of my life. Isn't it funny sometimes how you think everything is going good and then your directions get messed up? I am praying as to if this is God talking or me just being goofy. Once I can fill you in on some more details, I will.


Anyways, gonna go for now. Have a great day!


Bran :O)

No comments: