As I contemplated what this new year had ahead of me, I started thinking of some things I wanted to accomplish before my 39th birthday. I guess these could be resolutions of sorts. I generally don't do New Year's Resolutions.
For my 38th year on earth, I hope to:
- Cross at least two things off my bucket list. My list can be found here. I suppose this list needs to be updated as well. There are a few things I have changed my mind about.
- Start Foster process. One of the things on my bucket list is to adopt a child. Which leads into something I want to accomplish this year. God had blessed me with a great apartment, a great 2 bedroom apartment. This year, I want to look into taking some classes to foster a child. I have accepted the fact that I may not birth a child in my life and I'm perfectly okay with that. However, I know there are plenty of children right here in Madison County who need someone to love them. I would like to think I would be a great mom. I absolutely love kids. And they love me as well. So, why couldn't I foster a child or even adopt one? I feel like I am ready for that step.
- Get healthier. My last few posts have been about me dealing with some back trouble. I am not saying I am going to diet and start exercising like crazy. I honestly couldn't probably walk on a treadmill right now if I had to. But I just want to get healther, yes that involves me to make some eating changes and to exercise. But the goal is to hopefully lessen the need for surgery. Although, I have been told it is probably gonna happen, I'm gonna have some faith and see if things go in another direction. But I gotta have more than faith, I gotta put some things in action as well.
- Memorize scripture. Why am I so horrible at doing this?!? I have gotten better about reading the Word, but memorizing is a whole different story.
- Attend Covered Bridge Festival. Every year in Southern Indiana, there is a Covered Bridge tour that visits different bridges. Oh, I want to do that. I love covered bridges and I love photography. So I am adding that to my list to accomplish.