Saturday, December 1, 2007

The rain

Ah, I love the rain. It's not something Arizona sees a lot of, so when it does come, it's such a blessing. It rained pretty much all day yesterday. I was sitting in my office and I got the urge to go outside and just stand in the rain. Now granted, since it was a little chilly, I opted not to, not knowing if my immune system could take it. I put my head up against the window and stared at the rain for a few minutes. I love to sometimes just go out and stand in the rain, letting it wash over me. I really feel God's presence when I do that. I love how it just makes everything new and clean. Everyday I'm awed by God, I see Him in so many things, so many people. It's funny how the littlest thing I see will remind me of how Jesus died for our sins or I need to be stronger in my faith. There is this secular from FlyLeaf called "All Around Me", part of the chorus goes, "I can feel you all around me, thickening the air I breathe." Now, this song probably means something else, but every time I hear that song, it reminds me of God. Not thickening the air I breathe in a bad way, but in a good way.


Unfortunately, as much as I love the rain, it does have a bad side to it. When Lisa and I came home last night, I was the first to notice this....


DSCF1521


See that? That is a very big bubble filled with water (oh yes, I felt the water in there) creeping down our wall in the apartment. Yes, in our apartment. See all the lose paint? Oh yes, maintenance definitely got called. They should be here today. When I first saw this, it was only about a foot down the wall, the water bubble was HUGE! As the night went on, I began to think about taking pictures, because you never know when they might come in handy. It was creeping down the wall, the water bubble was getting smaller.


DSCF1519


This morning when I got up, the water is gone, but this had creeped all the way down to the electrical outlet. Yes, we unplugged and moved anything electric. It's a good thing I did, we could of had something really bad happen. Because this is on a tall wall, I'm willing to bet it's over 6 feet long. Lovely.


People sometimes question why I love the people that I do. Some of these people in my life that I love, aren't fond of other people that I love. I'll admit, although I try not to be, I can be judgemental. *Gasp* It's a human quality that we all possess and everyone does it. God is always quick to put me in my place when I'm judging someone. He's quick to make me see my own flaws, yet I'm surrounded by people who love me, all of me. The bad stuff included. God reminds me of that so much. So, why not love someone with all you have, including the good and the bad? Remember the only person who was perfect was Jesus. And although you may think you're perfect, sadly you're not. Now, people will also question why there are people in my life I don't love. Ah, yes, another imperfection of mine. I used to be really quick about "writing someone out of my life." Although, I am still guilty of it, I don't do it nearly as much as I used to. I know it's not a quality that I should possess, I get that. I have mended many relationships that I've ruined in my life, however some of the relationships can not be mended, I don't know if they ever will. The people who know me, know about the people I can't love and they understand why. God has still got a lot of work to do with me. Sometimes, I even began to question why I do love some people in my life. Sometimes, they can make me so upset, but....I am learning to love the good and the bad in everyone, as difficult as it may be.


Have a great day!


Brandy


Quote of the day: "Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that." ~Michael Leunig

No comments: