Saturday, May 9, 2009

Actual update

*Gasp* What is this? Is this an actual update? I haven't wrote a "happenings in my life" post in a long time. I decided today to do my bullet points to update.
  • I am in the process of moving all my blogs from Xanga to Blogger. It's taking me forever. I try to do a little every day. There are a lot of posts, that is for sure. It's literally moving four years of my life here. I just don't want to keep Xanga anymore, but I can't just delete the account. I have to move the posts first. But closing Xanga will be one less thing I have to check. It seems as though lately I have been all about simplifying my life. Closing two email accounts, starting fresh with just one. It's nice only checking one email. I deleted my Myspace account, I really wasn't using it. I have not missed it at all.
  • I am in a Bible study right now with 10 wonderful women. We are studying Captivating. We just started, but I can see that we are going to be bonding and the questions are really making me think. I am enjoying it.
  • I have been diligent about walking lately. I do 4 miles about three times week. Which equals 12 miles a week. The little things matter, like parking farther away than normal at a store, choosing the stairs instead of the elevator. My roomie finally bought the Wii. It's just so expensive, but it's definitely been a good investment. Everyday, I just hit 120 baseballs. I'm getting better, but it kicks my butt all over the place when I play. I get quite the workout just from swinging at the balls. I noticed yesterday that my stomach was getting smaller. Hello weight loss! So between the Wii, walking and the little things, my clothes are starting to get big on me. That makes me crazy excited.
  • Although my apartment is very clean, I have officially ghetto-fied it. In the living room, we have thermal curtains. They are meant to keep the heat out. They do help, but we have a big patio door (our apartment faces the west) where a lot of heat comes in. I am in the process of putting a blanket up covering the patio door. I already put one up in my room and will work on putting the other one today or tomorrow. I don't care what it looks like, it will help to keep it cool in the apartment. It gets really hot in our living/dining room.
  • I am going to take a second stab at Anatomy & Physiology in the fall semester. I need to take it again, and I need to pass the class. My friend, Philip, said he would help me get through A&P this coming semester. That's a good thing, I need all the help I can get. :)

That's all I have for today. Have a great weekend! Happy Mother's Day!

Quote of the day: "How is the life you're living NOW impacting others?" From my Captivating study guide

No comments: