Monday, September 22, 2008

It's all because of Jesus...

"...I'm alive. It's all because the blood of Jesus Christ."
I have been singing that song lately over the past weeks and now I know why. We have been going through a series called, "Carried Away" and it's about dying to our old self and taking up our cross and following Jesus. Not just believing in Him or just growing in Him, but ACTUALLY following Him, no matter what the cost.

This past weekend at church, they did something they have never done before. We have invitations where the pastor would invite people to come down if they needed and were ready to accept Christ, somebody would pray with them and then tell them their next steps.
But this weekend...oh this weekend was different. This weekend is one that will live in my heart forever. This weekend they did an invitation, however they invited people to come down to be baptized right on the spot.

There is a song by Hillsong United called "Mighty to Save". Part of the chorus goes, "Savior, he can move a mountain. My God is mighty to save." This past weekend, he also moved 427 people to come forward and be baptized. Yes, you read that right, FOUR HUNDRED TWENTY-SEVEN people died to their old self and decided to follow Jesus.

How utterly and completely amazing is that? Seriously, it really doesn't get any better than that. I knew a good number of people got baptized this weekend, however did not even begin to comprehend that high of a number. 427. *Shakes head* It makes my eyes well up with tears and realize once again how AMAZING this God we serve really is.

"At the cross you beckon me...draw me gently to my knees, and I'm so in love, so lost for words, sweetly broken, wholly surrendered."

No comments: