Saturday, March 29, 2008

One word, just one word

Well, Happy Saturday everyone! How are you doing? I'm doing fantastic, simply and utterly fantastic. I've just really been seeing so much clarity as to who I am, where I am going, and it's simply amazing! Have you ever had one of those moments where you actually see God at work? Today, I saw God's hands and it stopped me in my tracks, brought tears to my eyes, and chills through my entire body. Man, we serve an amazing God, don't we? I want to talk about it, but it will have to wait for a few weeks. It has to do with Tres Dias (retreat) and the person, I'm sending, Rachel. And even though Rachel hasn't been on Xanga in FOREVER, my luck would be that I blog about my experience today and she will log on. If you really want to know, just message me, I will tell you.


Anyways, a few days ago on television, somebody asked this question, "If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be?" Hmmm...that's always an interesting question and I began to ponder on that. I came to the conclusion of what my answer would be, but let's get technical first.


Asking this question could force a person to just give a quick answer without really thinking or force them to really ponder on it as I have. In reality, no questions asked, I am a daughter, granddaughter, sister, friend, cousin, aunt, etc...you know, those are for sure things that I am, no personality involved.


But then, there is the generic answers. Let's say you're in a job interview, and they pose the same question. My response would be trustworthy or responsible. Because let's face it, you are trying to sell yourself the best you can. To me, trustworthy would encompass being responsible as well.


After I came to my own answer as to who I am, I posted a bulletin on Myspace to get responses from people as to who they think I am. Here are the responses: silly, considerate, loveable, trusting, caring, steady, honest, and insightful. Yes, I would describe me as those things, but there is one word I left out...SPITEFUL. Yes, someone told me yesterday, I was spiteful. Now, the person that told me this, I'm really close to and they know me pretty well. Now you might be thinking, "How rude!" or "You're not spiteful." Yes, I admit, I am a spiteful person, so I can't get offended. This person simply called me out on something I need to change. I decided to look up spiteful yesterday and it says some things like this: mean, malicious, harmful intent. I don't want to be known as a spiteful person, but in reality I'm the most spiteful person I know. I will do things (not go somewhere, not be a part of something, etc) because in my head I feel as though I'm hurting someone and I'm honestly saying " I want them to feel the pain they caused me." But in reality, the only person I'm hurting....is me, nobody else, just little ol' me. I know that's not a Christian quality, I'm working on trying to improve, but it's so hard after being like this so long. But being called out yesterday on it, once again has got me pondering.


So, all babbling aside, let's ask this question, "Brandy, if you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?"


I wanted to be different and not give a generic answer, so I began to think about my life, who I am as a person, what influences my thoughts and behaviors. So my answer to that would be..."Follower". Yep yep, I said follower. I am a follower of Jesus Christ and that is the total and complete explanation of who I am. Every day, I try to follow in God's footsteps, sometimes I find they are big shoes to fill. Sometimes, I choose not to follow Him and I start walking in my own path, expecting people to follow me, but I get so, so, lost doing that. But when I get lost, he takes hold of my hand and guides me back to his footsteps. I found this picture on photobucket, it reminds me of getting lost and taking God's hand. My hands are so small compared to his, I feel so safe, knowing he will guide me back to where I belong. So, that's it, I'm a follower, nothing more, nothing less trying to make sure I stay on track, walking in his footprints.


babys hand in daddys hand


Be His Follower Follow Jesus



IMG_7486a.jpg we'll follow in your footsteps image by livingstonalbum


I shall leave you with this, I love this quote. It's scribbled in my Bible, in my medicine cabinet and in my room to help me remember who I am.


Quote of the day: "They say to be a leader, not a follower. I say being a follower of Jesus is the most notable position one could hold." ~Unknown


It's a beautiful day in the Phoenix valley, I'm going to hand wash my car and take a nice walk basking in the love of God.


Have a great weekend!


Love,


Bran

No comments: