Thursday, April 3, 2008

So sleepy...

Happy Thursday everyone! Have you ever had one of those weeks where you simply don't have enough time to complete what you need to finish? Oh man, I'm having time issues this week. This is when I need to forget about sleep to get everything done. However, my body won't let me do that, which I'm thankful for. My Spanish teacher could care less that I'm going out of town tonight. Really, she doesn't care. She was nice enough last night to give us an obscene amount of homework for the weekend. Tengo una nota para ti, Sra. Gonzales (I have a memo for you, Sra. Gonzales), I am going out of town Thursday night and will not return until late Sunday night. Nowhere in between that time of going out of town will I have any type of time to complete your crazy long assignments. Sra. I've been really good about doing my assignments, I'm getting an "A" in your 4th level Spanish class, can I just once have a break? No? Didn't think so. I don't know what I am going to do in regards to my homework, I'm thinking of just taking Monday off to do Spanish homework all day. Oy vei.


I'm heading up to Prescott this weekend. Rumor has it, it's still really cold up there. So, just when I thought I had retired the infamous blue hoodie until next year, ladies and gentlemen, I've brought it back out. This will be my best friend for the entire weekend. I love my blue hoodie. I am heading up north for a spiritual retreat called Tres Dias. This is the third one I've attended, second one I've volunteered at. I'm excited to see what God has in store this weekend. He always shows himself to me a little more every time I go. This time, I giving a talk. I'm excited about it, but nervous at the same time. It's a small, intimate retreat. We have 25 women registered. It will be amazing and I once again will come back different than before.


God has really been working on me and my heart lately. He's humbled me numerous times and is slowly healing my heart to something I'll probably never obtain. He is amazing, and I've always known that, but I forget. And then he reveals himself to me and I'm utterly and completely dumbfounded, left without words. "At the cross you beckon me, draw me gently to my knees, and I'm so lost for words, so in love, I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered."


A few updates and then I'm outtie 5000:



  • Please pray for Jason. He's been really sick this week. It might be strep throat.
  • I talked to my niece a few days ago, she said she got pictures done of the baby. Oh you know I will be posting them as SOON as I get them. She also said that the baby is now talking. *Giggle* Her first word? Dada. I told you she was a daddy's girl.
  • Last day of school is May 6th. Oh it's not coming fast enough, it's a little over 4 weeks till my summer starts. This is how I look at it, in our Spanish book, we have one chapter left. It seems more faster that school is ending if I say it that way. I just have to get through that last chapter and then take a 14 page final. Yes, I said 14 pages...that is how crazy my Spanish teacher is. My math is only a 2 page final.
  • I was going to take summer school to get that last Math credit out of the way, but I am waiting to determine if I can get my foot operated on this summer instead. Those crazy heel spurs.
  • Baseball season has started. The Yankees are 1-1. Just wanted to let you know.
  • Oh and Spring has sprung! Look at the flower that popped up! And the bunny I found! *Giggle*



Hey! Have a fantastic weekend. I shall hit you up on Sunday when I get home.


Love you, you, you, you, oh and especially YOU!


Bran


Quote of the day: "It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~Mark Twain

No comments: