Sunday, March 9, 2008

Oh Urgent Care

So, yesterday, I saw an old friend, one I hadn't seen in about 6 months...Urgent Care.



I call them my old friend because I always go there when I am sick. See, I need to find a new primary care doctor as the one I have now, couldn't get me in for like another two weeks or so. It's always like that. So, when I'm sick, I don't even deal with my doctor, I just go straight to Urgent Care. I've been there so many times, one doctor actually knows me. Yep, seriously. I'm known as the "Dengue Fever" girl.


I had been feeling sick since Tuesday with just a sore throat. Thursday night, it got worse. I attempted to work from home on Friday, but only managed to get an hour or so in before the cold medicine kicked in. I was in lala land and slept most of Friday away. The cold medicine doesn't seem to be working, so I took my happy camper butt to Urgent Care. I got there 5 minutes after they opened and I already had an hour wait ahead of me. As I sat there, with my hood over my head, I attempted to breath into my sleeves, so I'm only breathing my own germs, not everyone else's germs. Ewww...I finally got called into see the doctor, the nurse said my temp was a little high. The diagnosis: Upper Respitory Infection, which in reality is a fancy smancy word for a cold. A really bad cold. They prescribed me some cough medicine, no antibiotics and told me to wait it out.


After a long wait to get my cough syrup filled, I was finally able to take some. HELLO my new friend, cough syrup! Oh man, the stuff they gave me has Codeine in it. Want to talk about knocking somebody out? Yes, that stuff makes it so I can't even open my eyes. I slept for about 3 hours yesterday afternoon after it kicked in. I do remember the phone ringing, me answering it, but I don't know who it was and I couldn't open my eyes. I went to bed at 7 last night, I vaguely remember getting up at 10 to go potty. I do remember not being able to open my eyes, they were so heavy. I crawled back into bed and slept until 5 this morning. I took some more medicine and it's about 6:15...I'm thinking of going back to bed to sleep the rest of the day away. I am a mess!



So, I shall provide you with a real update soon. One good thing I can say is I'm on Spring Break! Hooray!

No comments: