Monday, March 3, 2008

How cool is this?

So, if you really know me, you know I'm a big fan of sharks, especially Great Whites. I am proud to say my favorite movie is Jaws. One day, I would love to see one in person, one from South Africa. In South Africa, they actually completely breach out of the water to get their prey. Oh I love it, it's amazing! This photo was emailed to me, I checked on www.snopes.com and they verified it's a real photo. Seriously? How freaked out would you be if you saw that behind you? I mean, you probably can't see the entire body from where the person is in the kayak. Four meters equals about 13 feet. Holy cow! I still think it's an awesome photo. This photo was taken off of Capetown, South Africa.


Shark


So, it's 6 p.m., AZ time, do you know where Brandy is? I'm at home, I should be at school. Well actually class doesn't start until 7, but I won't be there at 7. I was thinking all weekend I wasn't going to go to class tonight. I really don't want to go. Me and a classmate are supposed to do a conversation in front of the whole class and we didn't get together and practice it. He said he was basically winging it and wasn't going to prepare for anything. Yeah, I don't function like that and our conversations need to flow. So, I'm not going tonight. No biggie. It's not like I do this all the time, it's the first time I have missed any class this semester. Life shall go on. Yeah, rebel!


Isn't funny sometimes how people change, things change? No matter how hard you try to keep something the same, change is bound to happen. Sometimes change is for the good, it's not always bad. I'm not big on change, never have been. It's part of my OCD personality. Relationships always seem to be changing. There are people who are in your life who will be there forever, you know that. Then there are people who just leave a glimpse of them in your memory only to never be seen again. There are people for one reason or another who were in your life, but then they left. Some of these people come back into your life. Are things still the same or have they changed somehow? In my case, there's one person who has come back into my life and it's exactly the same, comfortable, nothing has changed, and that I'm grateful for. But in other relationships, something has changed...something is different. And I can't quite put my finger on it. But these relationships will never be the same, never be as close as you used to be. As I have gotten older, I realize how vitally important it is to have a handful of close friends. These people, you know who you are, mean the world to me. I love them with everything in my soul. I tell them that on a regular basis so they know how much they mean to me. And after so much anger and hurt in my heart towards my family, I am learning to love them with everything in my soul as well. That has been a long, difficult road, but I'm getting there. I am beginning to see the end of that road that was well suffered. I am beginning to see things in the way God sees them. Ah, how lovely it is to see through His eyes. It makes my heart...well estatic!


I'm not quite sure what is bringing on this emotional moment right now. I just sometimes stop and think how blessed I am by so many people in my life. And how they still love me when I'm not being the person God intended me to be. Because when I don't love myself, they still manage to pick through all the flaws and encourage me. It's God's hand at work, I tell you!


Hey have a great night...and take the night off. It's okay, if I can do it, so can you. I said it was alright!


Love,


Bran


Quotes of the day: "We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves." ~Lynn Hall


"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares." ~Henri Nouwen


No comments: