Friday, February 29, 2008

Life is too short

Happy Friday everyone! How are you doing? I’m doing pretty fantastic if I do say so myself. I heard one of my coworkers say earlier that it was Friday. Shortly after saying that, I then heard her say, “It’s the only day I’m happy.” That struck a chord with me. Really? Seriously? Are you living your life for Friday to get here? Counting down the days till the weekend gets here? Is your life, your job really that bad where Friday seems like the only day where the sun shines? Life is too short and could be over in a moment’s notice, ENJOY your days. Nobody has the perfect job, even doing a job you love, you will have bad days. The State of Arizona is in a huge budget crunch right now and so all the state employees are complaining about not getting raises. But I have to look at it this way…shouldn’t we all be thankful we have jobs, good jobs with retirement and health insurance? Because there are many people who do not have a job, or they do have a job and they get no benefits. And, I have my fair share of bad days, heck sometimes the days turn into weeks. I will be the first to admit that. But we have to choose our attitudes and how we are to approach the day. If you get out of bed cranky, guarantee you will be like that the rest of the day. There are people who I work with, and honestly EVERY single word out of their mouth is negative. They hate their job, they hate their life, and they just hate everything. Oh man, those people mentally drain me! When I graduated high school, my grandmother gave me a plaque that said, “I love you more than yesterday, but only half as much as tomorrow.” I am changing that up and I’m going to say, “Today can be as good or even better than yesterday, but only half as good as tomorrow.” Ah, wise words from Brandy.



I saw an article a few weeks ago about the cost of stamps going up again in May. Bleah..Excuse me, Mr. Postman, can you cut me a break please? I don’t have time to write a lot of letters, but I do believe in that old fashioned way of communicating. I write to one person (Hi, Leah!) and I can’t explain the joy to receive a letter in the mail. It gets me all giddy inside. So, I send out her letters about every other month or so. But, I still also believe in sending out cards for birthdays, holidays, or just because. So, I keep the card business and post office running, because I give them so much money. I bought 8 cards yesterday for this month and that is only for the first two weeks in March. I just wish the cost of stamps would stop going up every year or so, it’s just annoying. Yesterday, I also bought stamps from a mail store as it was on my way to school. Why are they allowed to charge more for a book of stamps than normal? I paid an extra $1.40 for the same book of stamps that I could have bought at the post office cheaper. That should be illegal! Lesson learned, not to go there again. Anyways, I’m not going to let the cost of stamps stop me from sending out cards and letters.



School…it’s that time. Every time this semester, I get burnt out. Spring break is in two weeks and I am on countdown. Oh man, I so despise my Spanish class. There is so much to do and I am constantly doing Spanish homework. It seems as though a never ending cycle. That is on top of my math homework. But on the positive side, I figured out my grades so far. 97% in Math and 93% in Spanish. Woot, woot, I love me some A’s! Hooray!



Gotta go, have a great day!


Bran



Quotes of the day: “Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.” ~Grandma Moses



“Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.” ~Author Unknown



“When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long.” ~Author Unknown

No comments: