Thursday, February 28, 2008

Would you eat at this restaurant?

Would you eat at this restaurant?



It looks like any other restaurant. So, you're probably saying, "Sure why not?" Okay let me show you another view of the restaurant, tell me if your answer changes.



How about now?



And one more...



My friend sent me these via email. And I didn't believe it, until I went to the website (www.dinnerinthesky.com). You can rent it and everything. Ummm...wow. That's all I have to say about it.


Anyways, I saw something on someone's Myspace page earlier that absolutely disgusted me. Which in turn is the reason for the blog. I don't claim to be perfect in any type of way, but I do try to go glorify Christ in my actions and ways. I fail at this quite frequently, we all do. Now, I know Myspace is the big thing right now. I get it. But there are so many young people on Myspace, so many. I myself have at least 6 or 7 teenagers as friends on my page. I either am related to these people, I know their parents, or know them from Central. If you were to go to my page, there is nothing on there that I'm ashamed of, no pictures that shouldn't be posted. I ensure that my comments are viewed by me before they are posted on my page. But just because my Myspace page glorifies Christ, it doesn't mean that I do in real life, I understand that. But...do you really think that if you have questionable pictures on your page or your friends leaving you comments that are completely offensive, that you are setting a good example of Christ when you claim to be a believer? Now, let's think about that for a second. The Bible says that we are to be Christlike. So, let's pretend that Jesus was alive today...what do you think his Myspace page would look like? Now, I'm not indicating that Jesus would even have a Myspace page, I am trying to make a point here. What would it look like? Would it have pictures of women hardly wearing any clothing? Or pictures of drugs or alcohol on it? No, it wouldn't because Jesus was all about making his dad proud. And if you don't care about glorifying Christ, think about what a teenager would think if they saw your page. What kind of example are you setting for them? Because I, as an adult, was offended, what would the young person get out of seeing your page?


I shall leave you with this scripture to ponder on:


"They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient, and unfit for doing anything good." Titus 1:16

No comments: