Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Me in court?

Yes. It looks as though I could be possibly subpoenaed to testify against a coworker of mine in a personnel hearing sometime soon. I am not going to go into the details, because well...I probably shouldn't. But, me testifying against someone I work with? Is that possible? Today when I was asked if I would be willing to testify at a hearing, my response was, "Ummm...can I think about it and get back to you?" Her response? "Sure, you can think about it, but either way you will be subpoenaed to court." That doesn't really leave me with an option now does it? When I think about everything, it all comes down to who I am. I am a woman of God who wants to do right by her ways. But, in situations like this, sometimes I think it would have been better to not get involved. Kinda like "Out of sight, out of mind." I've been given the option to choose between right and wrong in my life. Right is telling the truth about what I know, wrong is denying anything was ever said or falsifying words. And for the record, the second part NEVER came into play. I mean who wants to testify against someone for anything? Not me, but in matters like this, where I really don't have an option, I have to testify against this person. You have to do what is right, you have to tell the people in the courtroom what you know, based on the facts you have. You have to tell them the truth. I'm not sure when the hearing is scheduled, but it will be interesting in one way. I can say I've been summoned for jury duty one whole time in my life and of course that time, I was picked to sit on a jury for 5 days. But to actually be sworn in and to be in the chair where people sit and testify is a whole different realm. I shall keep you posted on this as much as I can.


With that aside, I am feeling so much better! I still have some junk in me, but I'm way better than my last post. I'm thankful to have a job where I am allowed to work from home. Yesterday, I felt good, but not enough to go into work. Besides I'm still contagious with my cold. So, yesterday and today, I worked from home. However I am going back into work tomorrow. I need to get out of my house. With the exception of school last week, I've pretty much been stuck in the house for almost a week now. I need people interaction! I got the urge to clean yesterday after I got off of work, I mean really clean, Spring Clean. On my lunch break, I made a list (Yes, that is how OCD I am) of things that needs to be done. I started doing little by little then got the urge to call J's mom. She promptly told me in her "mother" voice to stop cleaning and just relax. Me? Relax? Never...but for the record, I did listen to her and after I finished cleaning a section I had already started, I stopped cleaning for the rest of the afternoon. But I wound up doing some homework. Yes, I know...I have to get it done, Spring Break will be over before I know it. I have to make sure I am caught up on my assignments.


This weekend Kaysie and I are hitting up the Titantic exhibition at the museum (finally) and hopefully I'll be well so I can see J. It's been two weeks and no J time. No bueno!


Anyways, have a fantastic day and I shall blog at you later.


Bran


Quote of the day: "The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable." ~James A. Garfield

No comments: