Friday, February 8, 2008

Isn't it funny how...

...One word can change the meaning of something. Down by my job is a Baptist church. Outside on their sign, it says this, : "A God blessed 2008." A God? Which to a logical person would almost mean that there is more than one God? At least that is the way I am seeing it. Why put the "A" on there? Why not just say, "God blessed 2008"? Now, I don't 100% know what Baptists believe, but I do know they worship the same God that I do. Every time I drive by that, I wonder about that sign. It would be the same way as saying, "A girl in my Spanish class." That could mean anyone, I'm not talking about anyone specific. It just bugs me when I drive by that church, it makes me want to go inside and ask them what they mean by their sign. But I shall restrain myself for the time being.


I'm so, so sleepy! Ever since school started, I haven't been able to get into a routine of going to bed before midnight. And when I have to get up at five everyday, that is no good. What happens is I come home, start doing homework and before I know it, it's midnight. I sometimes have to force myself to go to sleep at 12. Ah, such the life of a college student. I seriously just want to crawl back into my warm bed and go back to sleep. I need caffeine!


Monday is the big day....the day I shall turn 31. Where has time gone? I can't believe it's here already. And I decided a long time ago, I would not be someone who lies about their age, so there you have it, 31. However in my "Christian" years, I'm only 5 1/2. I decided a few weeks ago that I'm not going to let my age bother me, or the fact that most of the people I surround myself with are younger than me get to me. Jason loves to make fun of my age, but I know it's all in good spirits. Sunday, I'm getting together and having lunch with some of my friends to celebrate the big day. I'm past the age of wanting presents and I just want to spend time with some friends. And although I'm taking the day off on Monday, I still have to go to Spanish class later that night. My teacher is good, but doesn't put up with any excuses in regards to missing class and she doesn't let you make up any of the work. Phooey. No big plans on Monday, I am for sure hitting up Joe's Barbeque. You get a free lunch on your birthday. I'm so there, even if I might be going alone. I say this every year...I'd never thought I'd be where I am now. I thought I had accomplished more by this age, but looking back, I'm exactly where God wants me to be and that makes me happy!


Nothing else to report, except the Blazers won last night. Awww..yeah! I didn't see the game, but got the score update today. I think I shall invest in a Blazers ballcap. I've been wanting to rock a new cap and that just might be the one. Of course there is the one from Rob & Big (Have you seen that show? I LOVE IT!), with the double B's (my initials or B2 as we call it around these parts). Yeah, maybe as a present to myself, I'll get both!


Have a great day!


Bran :)


Quote of the day: "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." ~Mark Twain

No comments: