Friday, December 28, 2007

Hello

Happy Friday everyone! How are you doing? I'm pretty much fantastic! I'm crazy hyper today! This morning as I was driving to work, dancing like crazy in my car (by myself nonetheless), I stopped and pondered if God laughs. I was brought back to a verse that Kaysie loves, Job 8:21, "He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy." The Bible talks about how God has emotions. So, I'm sure God laughs and I'm willing to bet $ he was laughing at me this morning. I was doing some serious dancing in my car this morning. He was probably laughing and shaking his head. I wasn't trying to impress anyone this morning, I was alone, but having the time of my life jamming to the songs on the radio this morning. *Giggle* I was quite amused.


Ladies and Gentlemen, I am the proud owner of my very first Christmas tree. Yes, I've had trees before, but never actually owned one of my own. I bought one yesterday, for $15. Yep, that's it. It's a 6 1/2 foot pre-lit tree. I'm quite proud of my investment. Lisa got home from MA yesterday, she presented me with a little box from her mom. Her mom is so funny, every year I get a present from her, I never know what I'm getting, but she never ceases to amaze me with the things she buys. Every year, I buy an ornament, that's just something I do. After my gram died, my sister got the tree, with all the ornaments. I don't have any of my grandma's ornaments. So Lisa's mom got me a really pretty pewter sand dollar one. I love it! Lisa and I exchanged presents last night. I had no clue what she might of gotten me. Well, there is this duvet bed set at Target that I've been eyeing. I couldn't justify spending the money for a duvet cover and two pillow shams, but getting new sheets, etc. Well...I received it last night! Hooray! I just now have to get some sheets and some red pillows to spruce it up. I'm thinking of now painting one of my walls to accent the bed as well. Hello weekend project!


Isaac Mizrahi for Target® Dot Matrix Collection


So, the new year is approaching us in a few days. Got any plans? I've taken the day off and I'm spending it with Jason. Not sure what we are going to do, but we will find something. So have you made any resolutions? I've made some:



  • I hate stairs, I really do. But I have been walking up and down those things every day lots of times. I need to lose some weight, not some, a lot. I'm not really dieting, just trying to eat healthier. I want to start walking more, etc. I'm cutting out soda all together, I really don't drink a lot of that, but also need to cut down coffee trips. Especially since I have coffee at home.
  • Due to the weight problem, I tend to cut myself down. I'm working on changing that as well. I have to have a positive self-esteem. And I'm learning how to accept a compliment. If someone says something nice about me, I will usually have something smart to say back to them. I need to accept the compliment and just say "Thank you"
  • Oh finances, they are getting better, but I still need to improve.
  • I have things that are weighing my mind down. Really bad. I need to tell three people some things, I need to get it off my chest. Everything I have to say to these people could potentially destroy any type of relationship I have with them. Two of the people I'm not close to, but one, I'm extremely close to. I resolve to tell these people the things I have to say sometime in 2008.

Be safe this weekend and New Year's Eve, if you're going to drink, DO NOT be stupid and get behind a wheel! Get a designated driver or call a cab. Okay, that's all for now! Have a great day!


Bran


Quote of the day: "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

No comments: