Sunday, November 18, 2007

Periods and question marks

I was having a conversation back in March about friends in our life. There are some friends who are question marks. Are you they truly friends with you? Would they be there if I needed them? Etc. And then there are friends in your life who are periods. They will always be there for you no matter what, period. Lately I've been thinking about relationships in my life. There are a handful who I consider period marks, there are quite a few which I consider question marks. There are some I've decided to let go of for one reason or another. Lately, I've been close guarding this heart of mine, determined to not let anybody else in at all. If you're in there (and you know who you are, the period marks), then you're good. But people think they are in there, but they aren't, probably won't ever be. You're kept at an arm's distance, you just can't see it when I have my arms up. Relationships can be the most wonderful thing, or they can be the most complicated thing. Some relationships are mixed with good and bad. Yeah, so I don't know what's with the mushy stuff today. It's been on my mind for awhile, just haven't had time for a real blog due to school. I went to sleep thinking about it last night, and when I was awakened by the sound and lights of a fire truck blasting through my complex, it was still on my mind, I guess because we talked a little about this last night.


December 12th is my last day of school for the semester. Can I get an Amen? Oh man, I'm due for a break, really I am. This semester has been hard. It's just because the difficulty of the classes. Psychology isn't difficult, but there is a lot of homework! Spanish is difficult, yet easy. I guess it's difficult because the teacher speaks 95% in Spanish. He teaches us, and rarely speaks English. He says by this time, third semester of Spanish, we should understand everything. So, next semester starts 1/14/08. I will be taking Spanish 202, Math, and a World Religions class. Wish me luck. My Spanish teacher is also teaching 202, and he's also my nursing advisor, and he's going to direct me where to go after I have taken all the Spanish classes I can at MCC. I will need to go to ASU, he said he would draft me up what I would need to take. By the way, have I mentioned that I'm majoring in Nursing and MINORING in Spanish? Yeppers, I'm going to minor in Spanish, so I will be taking a lot more classes. *Sigh* I will be 90 by the time I get my degree.


I am heading to Cali for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see that great niece of mine. I'm itching to love on her and kiss her cheeks and baby feet. Oh I simply can't wait. *Giggle*


Ah well..


Hey, have a great day!


Love,


San An (a shortened new nickname)


Quote of the day: "Friendship isn't a big thing, it's a million little things..." ~Unknown


No comments: