Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Broken

Hello everyone! How are you? I'm doing simply fantastic! I went to Prescott for the weekend on a women's retreat (Tres Dias). Before I start typing here are some pics. It snowed up there and melted the next day. It was dry and looked like it didn't even snow there.


DSCF0845


After the snow melted, this tree was beautiful. I kept leaving my camera in my dorm, so I didn't get the after shot.


DSCF0846


I love pics of crosses.


DSCF0849


This one is my favorite.



DSCF0853


It's funny how the snow only stuck to the plants. I loved how the snow defined all those plants on the ground.


I hadn't seen snow in 9 years. I was happy to see it, but happy when it melted also. It was cold up there! Anyways, I can't begin to put into writing how much this weekend helped me. I so needed to get away. I needed God to break me completely down, to build me up again and have an even closer relationship with Him than before. I realized on Saturday, how far I had gotten away from God. I was just going through the motions of being a Christian not really focusing on my relationship with Christ. I was taking my faith lightly. I could go into detail about everything that happened, but it is too personal to post. Let's say, I'm not an emotional person, but I was this weekend, I became a babbling baby. Every time my surrogate mom looked at me, I was crying. If you ever have the opportunity to experience Tres Dias, I highly suggest that you do. I feel as if my soul has been awakened.



Quote of the day: "Some stand on tiptoe trying to reach God to talk to Him - you try too hard, friend, - drop to your knees and listen to Him, He'll hear you better that way." Ever Garrison


Scripture of the day: "I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands." Ezekiel 36:26-27, The Message




No comments: