Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Enjoying the quiet

I have a friend whose family decided to go "unplugged" on Sundays. That means no TV, no phone, no Internet, no Mp3 players, nothing. It has been put upon my heart to do this as well, so I will start this Sunday. I can go without my phone, the TV, and the Internet. I did it for almost 2 weeks in South Africa. But here in the states, my phone is with me everywhere I go and since I have a smart phone, I can do anything I want right on that little device.

But we, as Americans have become too addicted to our technology, myself included. I do have quiet time every day where I shut my phone off to read and pray, but is it enough? I could be doing so much more. And now since I've started school and back to doing homework online, I am sure the Sunday break will be more than welcomed.

I have no idea how I'm going to spend my Sundays, I know part of the day will be at church. But when I get home, the schedule is wide open. I will have to be diligent about not turning on the TV first thing Sunday morning. That is usually when I watch Tom & Jerry cartoons. :) And I hope to have any homework I have done, I definitely don't want to be stuck online all day Sunday doing Math, so I will have to work hard to get it all done. But I know I can do this, I know I can always use some more one on one time with God. I'm excited for Sunday to get here, excited to escape the world for the day.


"It is appallingly obvious our technology has exceeded our humanity." ~Albert Einstein

6 comments:

sunny smiles said...

I want to work on that myself..So very easy to fall into a trap of technology..I am speaking about myself. Thank you sharing your thoughts!

Christina said...

Such a good idea! Now....if I could only talk Ritchie into NO FOOTBALL on Sunday....hmmmmmm

Anastel said...

I believe that without the TV people would become closer to each other!

competitons said...

This is nice post.Thank you for sharing such a good blog.

Win said...

But I think technology changes really our lifestyle.And also improve it

Competitions said...

The Technology is brings a big change in our lives.