- My bones are creaking and starting to ache.
- I noticed that I am making sounds when I sit/lay down or get up. They consist of moans and sighs.
- Instead of picking at pimples (which I still have), I try to count the age spots I have.
- One day about a month ago, I found my first gray hair. I have a small trace of blonde in my hair and thought maybe this one piece of hair was blonde. It wasn't, it was gray. Extremely gray. I was in the car with Kristine at the time and literally threw a fit so bad I brought on the tears. Oh yes folks, I cried over a gray hair.
- I've decided that having dentures seems like a way better way to live than to deal with any more pain from dental work.
- I actually looked a few days ago for what age women should get mammograms. It's when you turn 40 by the way. :)
- I would rather spend the night in, away from people, especially teenagers, than going out.
- My idea of a good time is curling up with a great book and some coffee.
- I'm closer to menopause now. And sometimes in the heat of the summer when it's just gross outside, I wonder how I will ever be able to handle the hot flashes when I hate the heat.
- Retirement has become something important to me over the years. I want to make sure that I'm set when the time does come to retire.
- I enjoy nothing more than making a fresh pot of coffee, sitting down at the kitchen table, and reading my morning paper. It's something I really look forward to on Sunday mornings.
- I think the years of going to concerts have gotten to me and I might be losing my hearing. Oh boy, before you know it, I will need hearing aides.
I am sure there are other things that make me feel old, but these are just a few. I once said I would never lie about my age. Sometimes it's hard to believe I'm 32 years old. Where has the time gone? I would say that I've aged well, a lot of people tell me I look like I'm in my mid to late 20's. The thought of getting older scares me, but it also comforts me as well. I know my old age is going to be good and I think I'm prepared for it.
But the gray hairs can stay far, far away! :)