Thursday, November 16, 2006

Diagnosis: I'm sick

Wow, you really think so huh? Where did you get the crazy idea? Oh was it the upset stomach that I've had for two weeks? No, no wait, was it the sudden muscle cramps, high fever, chills, and MASSIVE headache that gave it away? Oohhh no, it had to be the nasty, itchy, burning skin rash that is all over my body. Yep, that it's it. Needless to say, I wound up going to Urgent Care again last night due to the rash. Oy vei! The doctor said he believed me that I had Dengue Fever and gave me a low steroid (pill form) to get rid of the itching and a mild sedative to sleep. He said my eyes looked pretty bad. How lovely. He also referred me to an infectious disease doctor. Really? Another doctor? Phooey!


I wonder if that pesky little mosquito that bit me realizes that I don't like doctors, hospitals, etc. and if I really wanted to spend $150 on medical treatment because that little bugger bit me. Oh mosquito, me and my team will somehow be prepared for you next time. Now, you might be saying, "Wear Deet." Deet is no match for mosquitos, a few people wore Deet and they are the ones in the hospital.

No comments: