Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quietly

Last night, while I was in the Pathways class, we sung this song called "Quietly". I opted not to sing due to not feeling well. My voice was raspy and scratchy. Instead, I listened to the people around me, their voices ever so softly singing praises to God. The man leading worship stated that the song was actually a Chinese Christian song. Him and the other Chinese people in the room then sang the song for us in Chinese. Now, if you know me, you know that I love worship music in other languages. Just this Sunday at church, we sung, "Inside Out" from Hillsongs. Amongst all of the people singing in English was my small voice worshipping God in Spanish. I honestly can't sing the song any other way, the English version of the song seems so foreign to me. So, when these people blessed us in my class by singing in Chinese, I was in awe. That version was way prettier than the English version. I looked for the lyrics in English and the video on You Tube, but came up with nothing. I shall ask the guy at class about it and will post the song when I can.


This past weekend, I took a short trip to California to visit my niece and great niece. Rosie wasn't home when I got there, but called and said she was on her way. She gets out of the car and gives me a huge hug and proceeds to say with her hands on her belly, "Guess what?" I guessed immediately that she was expecting again. She got a huge smile on her face and told me she's been dreaming it was twin boys. Oy vei. Now there are twins on her dad's side of the family and her generation would be the one to have twins. She's only about 6 weeks along and it's too soon to determine if there are two babies or one. Either way, I'm going to be a great aunt again. :)


Paige is absolutely adorable. She's talking up a storm, laughs at everything, and loves books more than anything. It took her a few minutes to warm up to me, but once she realized I wasn't a stranger, she became my best friend. I spent a good portion of my small vacation in her toy room playing with her. I didn't take that many pictures, because we really didn't do anything.


100_0426


Look, there's a book in her hand. :)


100_0427


She refuses to sit in a stroller or cart. When you're at a store, she must walk behind the cart and help push it.


See? That is what she does. Look how fast her little legs are going.


100_0434


Yep, she's a momma's girl to the max.


Gotta go!


Adios,


Bran


Quote of the day: "You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance." ~Franklin P. Jones

No comments: