Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh my head!

So, tonight in class we started studying the bones in the skull. My teacher decided to start this at 8:20. He said himself, that the bones in the skull are the hardest to learn. So, what does he do? He decides to start talking about this 10 minutes before class got out. He honestly went through 27 pages of notes in 10 minutes.


skull1



skull2


Yeah, he covered all of that in just about 10 minutes. And that's just the skull! Granted it's different views, so some bones are repeated, but it's still a lot to study. Now, I will admit to being a geek and I study hard, get good grades, but I'm really scared I'm not going to pass this class. I don't normally complain about teachers, but this teacher is horrible. He's the worst professer I have ever had. He literally reads from his notes the entire time, doesn't have us look in the book, doesn't call on anyone. He went through this stuff so quickly, I almost started crying from the overwhelming feeling. He goes through this and says, "most of this stuff is just stuff for you to study". Excuse me? I'm not paying $700 for this ONE class for me to teach myself everything, and you teach me absolutely NOTHING. I'm really afraid I will have to take this class over. It is a lot to learn, but when your professor is not the best, it really makes the class just dreadful.


On another note about my class, there is this guy I sit next to in lab and lecture. He is constantly chewing on his pen, pencil, bottle cap. And he's my age, in his thirties. Now, as a professed germophobe, when I glance over at him and seem him chewing on his pen, my stomach turns and I want to shove a Clorox Wipe (LOVE THOSE) at him. Gah! He really grosses me out. Especially in lab. The professor always tells us to wash our hands before and after lab as well as disenfecting our work area when we come in and when we leave. Because the class before us works on actual specimans and we can't trust them to clean off the areas. Oh just the thought of him sticking anything in his mouth makes my skin crawl. *Shivers*


So, there's my fancy smancy update. :D Kristine just texted me to say I have a present coming in the mail. Hooray! *Falls off chair in excitement* I love presents, especially when they are unexpected.


Oh and one more thing, go to Jason's page and click on the second video. It got me all pumped and excited. Woot, woot! Go Blazers! www.xanga.com/jshox


And I think that's it for now, I must get back to teaching myself the bones in the skull.


I'm out like a broken lightbulb!


Quote of the day: "Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure." ~Murphy's Law

P.S. Thank you for your prayers on my previous post. I am doing better! I am feeling back to myself, which is always good. "It's all because of Jesus I'm alive..."

1 comment:

rk said...

Brandy,
YOU ARE SO SO SO SO SWEET. I am completely comfortable with you going ahead and adding me to your link list. No worries. I am all /processed and regrouped now and comfortable with being on link lists. In fact I'd be honored. No pressure of course, just want you to know I have chilled out. Thank you so much for your heart and sensitivity.

Blessings,
Roxx

PS: Seeing your studies makes me completely understand why you would be stressed out. As a teacher I know how hard it can be in the moment, but "This too shall pass." Hang in there girl friend!!!