Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Oh immune system

So ever since I came down with Dengue Fever, my immune system has been bad. I used to get sick all the time to the point where the doctor at Urgent Care knows my name. It was usually every three months where I was getting sick. But that break I took from serving in Children's (8 months) made my immune system a little better because I wasn't exposed to their little germs. Well, I started serving back again with them in March, got sick and now...I'm sick again. Which actually is more than a three month span, but still...my immune system is so weak. I am going to attempt to fight it with cold medicine and plenty of rest, but I won't be surprised if I wind up going to Urgent Care.



It started Monday night with a tickle in my throat. I kept hoping and praying that I was just really thirsty. Yeah, not so much. My throat was worse yesterday and today I've come down with a full out cold. Bleah, I hate summer colds more than anything. Know what I did at 5:30 this morning? I went to Walgreens in my pj's to get cold medicine and Kleenex for my cold kit that I have to have when I'm sick. The guy at the counter asked me how I was doing and I said, "Bleah". He said, "Ah buying cold medicine so early in the morning must mean you're sick." My response, "Bleah" again. I am not in the mood to talk when I'm sick. He probably thinks I'm a horrible person. My cold kid consists of:



  • Big glass of water
  • Anti-Viral Kleenex
  • Cough Drops
  • Cold Medicine (Day and Night pack)
  • Plastic bag for the kleenex
  • And of course some hand sanitizer, which I'll overload on for the next few days.

Phooey to you summer cold! It's only the second day and you managed to deprive me of sleep last night. And for that I'm annoyed.


Anyways, so let me rant a little about Xanga's sub-communities (Revelife, Datingish, Momaroo). Now I subscribe to Revelife, but all three of these communities subscribe to me and they are all "friends". I don't ever recall any of these sites actually visiting my blog and leaving any comments. So, whether you subscribe to someone or not, if they are your friend, you will still see if they posted something on your home page. You just won't see it on your subscriptions. Lately when I log into the home page....there are pages upon pages of updates from these three communities. They each post anywhere from 4-7 times a day. Which in turn was making my other subscriptions get lost in the mix. So, I have to say, I think it's great that these communities exist, however yesterday, I unsubscribed from Revelife and deleted all three of them as friends. Now, I can actually read my real subscriptions. Hooray. It was starting to annoy me that I couldn't get to my subs right away. I sometimes just skim the front page and come back later. But they were preventing me from doing that.


Ah, school starts Monday. I'm rather excited for it too. Yep, I'm such a geek. Let's hope I'm well by then. As of right now, my head feels like it's going to explode. I want to go back to bed, but I have a lot of work to do. Good thing I can work from home, but still sleep sounds so pleasant right now.


Quote of the day: "The trouble with always trying to preserve the health of the body is that it is so difficult to do without destroying the health of mind." ~G.K. Chesterton

No comments: