Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 5th, 2000

Today marks 8 years of my grandmother's passing. She raised me, so it's almost like looking at it as my mother's passing. Usually every time this year, I get really down and depressed. I just miss her. But today, I'm doing surprisingly well. I am not upset or depressed in any type of way. I have a peace about me, that I don't know if I have experienced in a long time. I'm not saying that I've forgotten about her, or no longer miss her, I'm saying it's getting a little easier. I went to bed about 11:30, I feel asleep and woke up at exactly 12:35 a.m. That is when my grandmother took her last breath, I was there with her as death came over her. It is a moment that will haunt me the rest of my life. I prayed to God in the wee hours to help me get through today, help me fall back asleep, and I did. I woke up thinking about her, but like I said...there is some sort of peace there. I can't believe it's almost been 10 years. This past weekend, I went and saw my niece to visit with her and her family. Paige provided a constant reminder of my grandmother. My grandmother would of just been all over spoiling that baby, she would of loved it, she boasted about her great-grandchildren like there was no tomorrow. Martha remembered, which isn't surprising. She was pregnant with her son 2000. As God took away one life (my grandmother's), he brought in another one shortly after (Codey). Here is the great-granddaughter that my grandmother would of loved spoiling:


2008_08030008


2008_08030021


2008_08030006


2008_08030027


I recently registered this blog on www.blogged.com. It's a website, where people can register their blogs and people from all over the place can read your blog, and leave remarks about what they think about your blog. And although, I haven't gotten any comments, my page is getting some serious hits. Since doing that, I'm averaging about 250 footprints a day. Which, compared to my average being about 90 before I registered, that's pretty good. I used to have a goal of getting featured here on Xanga, but after thinking about it, I'm not really sure that is what I want. I don't know if I want the "fame" that comes with being featured on Xanga. I am still trying to achieve my goal of getting 100,000 credits for lifetime premium. *Sigh* It's going to take me FOREVER, after hoarding credits since the beginning of the year, I only have 12,000. Phooey. I'll never get there.


School is starting in a few weeks, I'm actually excited for it to start up again. I want to get back into the routine of school, doing homework. I have to get my books next week, hopefully I can afford them. I'm taking it easy this semester (Not really, it's a hard class) by only taking one class. After this class, I have four more classes to take before applying for the nursing program. Next semester, I'm going to step it out and push out some more classes. I need to look into possibly transferring to another school to get into the nursing program quicker. I'm in the process of doing that right now. I also need to kick the Spanish classes in gear as well. I am losing motivation, but I have to keep going, I have a goal, I need to obtain it.


I gotta go.


Have a fantastic day!


B-Squared


Quote of the day:"You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present." ~Jan Glidewell

No comments: