Thursday, October 18, 2007

Travel through time

Hmmm...Xanga's featured question today actually prompted me to blog. Ha! I think that is a first. Let's see, if I could travel back through time, what period would I go to and why? I would most definitely go back to the time when Jesus was walking the Earth. How cool would that be? I would so love to be one of those people sitting on the mountain when Jesus gave his Sermon on the Mount. Or, to just be hanging out with him and the disciples. To see Jesus joking with his closest friends or showing his mother how much he loved her. Yeah, that would be pretty cool. Even to be there that very moment Jesus died on the cross, oh that would of been a precious moment in time.


My quest for a new church began this weekend at Broadway Christian Church. It was a pretty good service. Their contemporary service is about 200 people. The title of the sermon was "Restoring Passion to Your Life". *Sigh* It's exactly what I needed. I am going to check them out again this weekend. Last weekend they mentioned that they were going to talk about something that has to do with missions this week. You know my ears perked up when I heard that! But there are some other churches I want to check out. My last weekend serving at Central is November 10th, after that I think I'm going to take the rest of the year off from serving. I want to spend time really investing in finding a church. So, hopefully I will find a church that I can call home, then start serving fresh in the new year with them. I got an unexpected email in Myspace from someone who wanted to share some encouragement about finding a new church. It was definitely welcomed and appreciated. I do not feel that I'm making the wrong decision by leaving, but I've gotten a little heat from it. Yeah, you know me, always causing trouble. She just really encouraged me in my search and told me not to get down. My roomie also has been encouraging. She said I'm passionate about God and will find another church in no time. My biggest fear is that I'll get tired of going to different churches every week and just stop going. I've seen it happen to many people. She also reminded me that I love the idea of fellowship (also known as I'm a social butterfly), and flock to people.


This next weekend, I'm going up to Tres Dias again. It's a retreat where you will meet God in a whole new place. I just went in March, but now, I'm serving. I have the wonderful priveledge of now serving someone who is very important to me, Kristine. She is going next weekend and I can't wait to share this experience with her. I hope God moves in her completely, like he did with me. Since that retreat, my life has not been the same. I have a list of people that I want to send, but I don't know if I'll ever serve again. There is a lot to serving! Between work, school, and preparing for this retreat, I've had no time!


Anyways, that is all I have for now!


Have a great day!


Bran


Quote of the day: "Change your thoughts and change your world." ~Norman Vincent Peale

No comments: