Sunday, January 21, 2007

What would Jesus do?

Every once in awhile I get on a rampage. Now, if there is something going on...I will most of the time confront the issue. But, I also like to rant in a post for the entire world to see. I am posting this on Xanga and Myspace so interested parties can feel free to read it.


Quite a few years back, some marketing genius came up with "WWJD?" I was not a Christian at when this came out, but I completely understood the concept. When you're faced in a situation, not sure if it's right or wrong, you ask yourself.."Is this something Jesus would do?" If the answer is no or you have to really think about what the answer may be then it's something Jesus would not do. It doesn't even have to pertain to Jesus. If you're not a believer, you might question yourself by saying, "How are my actions making the world better?" Something to that effect. Even the LDS religion has something like WWJD: CTR, Choose the Right.


However if you say you're a believer in Jesus Christ, is the way you're living your life an example of how Christ lived his? Now, I'm far from perfect, but I am aware of the things in my life that aren't Christlike. I am making an honest effort to change those things, but it does not happen over night. In the realm of people that I know, there are so many who claim to honor Christ but in reality, they do completely the opposite. Think about this...EVERY thought, EVERY word, EVERY action should be a representation of Christ. You can't just have a few things here and there that are Christlike. We, as Christians, need to strive to be like Christ as much as we can. We, as Christians, need to always remember that we are usually the ones who give a bad impression of Jesus because of the way we act. There is always a lost soul in your life searching for meaning in God. A lot of people search through Christians and find the wrong meaning of a believer in God.


Here is some scripture for you to brew on...



  • "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus." Philippians 2:5
  • "Even a child is known by his actions; by whether his conduct is pure and right." Proverbs 20:11
  • "This is what the Lord says: Look! I am preparing a diaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and actions." Jeremiah 18:11b
  • This one is my favorite...."They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good." Titus 1:16

There are many more scriptures besides these.


The Bible says we are to be held accountable and we are to hold our brother's and sisters in Christ accountable as well. I hope by reading this, you have realized some of your actions. I won't call out names, but you know who you are.


Brandy

No comments: