Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thank you


Thank You God for Everything


By Helen Steiner Rice



Thank you, God, for everything, the big things and the small.
For "every good gift comes from God"...the giver of them all.
And all too often we accept, without any thanks or praise,
The gifts God sends as blessings, each day in many ways.
And so at this Thanksgiving Time, we offer up a prayer...
To thank you, God, for giving us a lot more than our share.




First, thank you for the little things that often come our way,
The things we take for granted but don't mention when we pray,
The unexpected courtesy, the thoughtful, kindly deed,
A hand reached out to help us in the time of sudden need.
Oh, make us more aware, dear God, of little daily graces
That come to us with "sweet surprise" from never-dreamed-of places.




Then, thank you for the "Miracles" we are much too blind to see,
And give us new awareness of our many gifts from Thee,
And help us to remember that the Key of Life and Living
Is to make each prayer a Prayer of Thanks and every day Thanksgiving.




God,


Thank you for everything you have done for me. Thank you for loving me even when I screw up. Your love is like nothing I have ever felt. I don't say thank you enough for sending Jesus to die for my sins and I'm sorry for that. Thank you for saving me and caring about me. No one has ever cared for me like you do. Why do you do it? There are so many people who don't care about you. Ah, I get it, you not only love me but you love them too? Irregardless of what they do? That's awesome, it really is.


Thank you for assuring me that I'm gonna be alright when I don't seem to think so. Thank you for showing light in my sometimes dark world. Thank you for always welcoming me back to your arms when I stray off your path. I don't deserve this kind of love from you. Thank you for always keeping my eyes open and for wiring me to put others needs before myself. Thank you for making the person that I am. You made me this way for a reason. Thank you for showing me that my purpose is to serve you in another country. That right there is an honor, the highest to speak of.


Thank you for my family. I complain about them a lot, but you gave them to me for a reason. I'm not as thankful as I should be when it comes to my family. Thank you for blessing me with such awesome friends that I love dearly and hold very close to my heart. I take them for granted sometimes and forget to thank you for them also. I guess I get caught up in life and forget how blessed I am sometimes. I apologize for that. Thank you for opening my eyes to who you are five years ago. Wow, it has been a ride, but I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you for everything, I will be eternally grateful to you for what you have done in my life.

No comments: