Wednesday, September 13, 2006

be-ere-a-ene-de-ye (Brandy spelled in Spanish)

Happy Tuesday everyone! How are you doing? I am doing good here. I'm in Spanish right now. It's a refresher for me as I have taken Spanish 101 before, but I want to go straight into the next level so I'm taking it again. Saturday we learned how to spell our names from the alphabet. Oooohhhh how exciting! Lol, not really, but she's a really good teacher and she's fun! She's making Spanish fun.


So, 9/11 was yesterday. That will always be one of those "Where were you moments". Funny little story, not actually funny but weird how things worked out. Hold on to your hats folks, you're about to get a little bit of how I came to Jesus story! I went to church in Show Low with a friend for the first time. It was a small church with about 40 people. I didn't know what was happening, but God began to tug on my heart in that little church. That was at the end of June. I came back to Mesa deciding that I was gonna "try" church, but procrastinated. By the way, I'm not normally a procrastinator. I finally decided to go to church and found Central (my church) in the phone book. I didn't know what I was doing with anything, but I figured I would need a Bible. I bought a $4 Bible from the resource center the first day I came to church. The first time I went to Central and bought my very first Bible was 9/9/2001, two days before 9/11. I was home sick the day 9/11 happened, I watched everything unfold before my eyes. I honestly had no clue what was going on and began to call family members to say "I love you". To me, I thought the world was ending, literally. As far as God, I had no clue who he was and sat my butt down on the floor and began to read....what? Revelation. Yeah, how is that for scaring someone? Never reading the Bible and digging right into the end of the book. I didn't accept Christ that day, but I started to really understand things and began to change my perspective on things.


I think, I shall also talk about my crazy family, people have been asking via e-mails and messages. But, that itself is a looooonnnnnggggg blog and I shall save it for another day. I don't normally let many people into that part of my life. I shall reveal some things, but....not everything. Sorry, that is the way it is, you really don't want to know how screwy my family is. It's funny people have been asking lately, but never seemed to care before.


Anyways, I'm off to Flagstaff for the next two days for work. I'm excited! Have a great day!


Love,


Bran :)


Quote of the day: "Nothing is ever too hard to do, if your faith is strong and your purpose is true." Helen Steiner Rice


Scripture of the day: When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it. Do not let your mouth lead you into sin. And do not protest to the temple messenger, "My vow was a mistake." Why should God be angry at what you say and destroy the work of your hands? Much dreaming and many words are meaningless. Therefore stand in awe of God. ~~Ecclesiastes 5:4-7


No comments: