Saturday, September 19, 2009

Hey, there's styrofoam in there!

I want to start off this entry by saying thank you for all of your encouragement and condolences regarding my mother's death. The outpouring of love I have received in a week's time has probably been the most I have received in a long time. You have all humbled me in one way or another and it has really helped me through the grieving process.

My close friends, Martha, Heather, and especially Kristine, have really pulled me through this crazy time. They are the few who actually know the full details regarding what happened on the day she died. Martha let me cry to her on the phone. Kristine just hugged me and let me cry, then soothed my tears over a Dairy Queen Blizzard. And although Heather lives thousand of miles away, our bond is strong and she called me the second she heard the news. Bringing tears to my eyes just by hearing her voice.

It has still been a hard week, I've hard a hard time concentrating on various things. Since I heard about the news of my mother's death, my sleeping patterns have gotten all crazy. And in a week's time, I've probably only got about 15 hours total of sleep. Not a lot, that is for sure.

Lack of sleep, two huge tests in my Anatomy class and the passing of my mother has my brain all full of just mush. My brain is so full of things that on Wednesday, I got into a car accident. An accident that was my fault. I wasn't text messaging and I wasn't playing with my radio, I just wasn't paying attention. It wasn't a major accident and everyone is okay. But I was too close to the car in front of me at a stop light. She went to go, but then stopped. I saw her going and proceeded to put my foot on the gas. Ah, but I was too close to her and proceeded to hit her SUV and her trailer hitch went into my hood/front bumper. She was understanding and we exchanged information. Lucky for me, the cops were not called. If they had been called, I would of gotten a ticket. Her vehicle is actually good, my car got the most damage. Once I called my insurance agent, I accept full responsibility. It was after all, the honest thing to do, the accident was my fault. I've had State Farm since I was 16 and they really helped me and were not upset when I admitted fault. The title of my post has something to do with Styrofoam. There is a hole in my front bumper from the accident and when you look at it, you can see Styrofoam. It's the strangest thing ever and even Kristine was like, "Hey, there's Styrofoam in your car!" It seems like something so small, but it made me smile, which is what I needed. :)

Every day is a new day and every day gets a little better.

Hey, have I said thank you for everything? No seriously, thank you again. Thank you for the numerous emails, comments, phone calls and text messages I have received.

Bran

Quote of the day: " As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world." ~Adabella Radici

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that my blonde-moments make you smile. And now that you live with me, you can understand WHY I have SO SO SO many of them :)