Monday, January 5, 2009

It's been awhile since I've graced you with a bullet point updated post. So, here for your viewing pleasure is my favorite, organized way to update.

  • Back in August, I had posted a blog (but later had to take down), about a child abuse case that I got involved in. I prayed to God that I would see her again. I was so scared that I would never see her again, scared that something would happen to her because I had to get the police involved. But at the Christmas services at our church, she came running into the class, all dressed up in her Christmas dress. According to the teachers, she had been coming back for a few months, but I hadn't seen her because I had been in another class. I tried so hard to hold back the tears as she was hugging on my leg. But, I was so happy to see her precious little face.

  • For most college students, school is starting back up here in a few weeks. Not for me. This is the first time in a long time that I will not be in school. It feels so weird, I feel like I need to be getting my school books for my classes, start mentally preparing for school. But, not this semester. I plan on starting school back up in another semester or so, once I get settled from moving.

  • Speaking of moving, lately I've been checking out the local Goodwill's. There is so much I need to get, I figured if I could start early buying little things, it would be easier. You have to be choosey about what stores you hit up. Like the Goodwill across the street from my house, I dare not go in there. It's a mess! But if you go to the ones down in Gilbert or Chandler, you're bound to find some good stuff. So, far, I've purchased two pictures to hang on the wall, each for $4.99. Sweet, I love me some deals especially when I'm on a budget.

  • We had an AMAZING weekend at church again. Over 260 gave their life to Christ this weekend and were baptized. Oh it was so awesome, as Jared was singing his heart out, people were dying to their old selves and choosing to follow Jesus. It was definitely a tear jerker!

  • 24 more days until my best friend of 25 years is here! Seriously, it's not coming quick enough.

Alright, I'm outtie.


Quote of the day: "Be gentle with the young." ~Juvenal


Scripture of the day: "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." ~Matthew 19:14

No comments: