Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Life is uncertain...eat dessert first!

So, my birthday has come and gone. Well, technically I still have like 56 minutes left. Over all it's been a good birthday. Something bad happened on Friday and I thought it was just going to be the hint of what my weekend would be. But it wasn't, and I couldn't be more thankful to God. I'm not going to explain what happened on the start of my weekend, the people who I want to know, have heard about it.


Sunday, some friends and I got together for lunch. I couldn't of thought of a better way to spend the day. Old friends, new friends, family (not blood). It was awesome. Today, I took the day off. I didn't really have any plans. I had coffee with Kaysie and then went to go get some barbecue for lunch. You get a free meal on your birthday at Joe's Barbecue in Gilbert. Yummy. I went by myself. Everyone was busy today, so no biggie. I got my food to go and enjoyed it at home. I have to admit this, birthdays are kinda of a big deal to me. If you know me, then you know that. I'm totally past the whole getting presents stage (although I got some rockin' presents this year), I'm perfectly content if you just wish me Happy Birthday. I just want someone to acknowledge it's my birthday. I had forgotten that I did this, but I made my birthday hidden on Myspace last year. What a difference that makes! You find out who really knows your birthday and who doesn't. Not so many comments, phone calls, or text messages this year. But the people who knew what today was doesn't need Myspace as a reminder. It's a date that's engrained in their brain. Or they use an actual calendar for reminders. Either way is fine, I don't believe Myspace is a good way to remind people of something. Every year, a certain friend keeps their birthday hidden and when it comes to their birthday, they have Myspace set to approve comments (So not everyone can see your birthday messages until after it's over, this is obviously for the people who remember this day). Hmmm...I'm beginning to understand why they do that. Since a good portion of my family didn't get the reminder on Myspace, I only heard from my dad, my sister, and my niece. I'm not angry, it's not worth getting angry over. But it's just interesting, very interesting.


My roomie had a pot roast cooking all day long. I didn't get a chance to have any before I left for school. When I came home, my roomie had gotten me a cake and some ice cream. Not even thinking about whether as to if I have actually eaten dinner or not, she cut me some cake and scooped me out some ice cream. So...I ate my dessert first. Who says you can't eat dessert first, then dinner? It is, after all, my birthday. *Grin* Don't worry, I did eat some roast, potatoes, and carrots AFTER my cake and ice cream.


I noticed I've been blogging a lot lately. It seems as though I've had lots to talk about as Xanga has made me a true member. I now have a little "True" badge by my name. Did you see it? Go ahead and look for it, I'll wait. Do you have one? If not...then you should blog more! And...comment more! So, if you have a true badge and you're a life member, then I think you have a "True" "Life" badge? I found it amusing as that's a show on MTV I enjoy. But maybe it's a "Life" "True" badge? Who knows..


Hey, have a great day!


Bran


Quote (s) of the day: "All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" ~Charles Schulz


"Me and ice cream. Best friends forever." ~Jessi Lane Adams

No comments: